Resetting a User’s Active Directory/LDAP Password
If you are a Bitium administrator and use the built-in authentication system, Active Directory or LDAP you have the ability to reset your users’ passwords.
Active Directory/LDAP passwords can be changed for directories connected either via the web or the latest Bitium On-Prem Agent. [Learn More]
To reset a user’s password:
- Go to “Manage [Organization Name]” and select the “Manage Users” menu item.
- On the Manage Users screen, click the name of the user for whom you wish to perform a password reset.
- On the user’s settings screen, click the “Reset Password” button.
- Click “OK” on the ensuing dialog to confirm the password reset. The user will be assigned a temporary randomized and strong password.
- Once the password has been successfully changed, you will have the option to email the user the temporary password.
The user will be prompted to change the temporary password on the next login attempt.