Bitium to Cloud Identity Migration - Frequently Asked Questions
What edition of Cloud Identity / G Suite will I need?
- Cloud Identity : Cloud Identity Premium
- G Suite : G Suite Enterprise (eSKU) or G Suite Enterprise for Education
How do I get access to the right version of Cloud Identity or G Suite?
How will I provision users in Cloud Identity or G Suite?
- Options for adding users are summarized here.
- Via Active Directory : Install and configure GCDS and sync users from your AD/LDAP server.
- Via File upload : You can upload data for multiple users at a time to Cloud Identity or G Suite. Please follow the instructions at https://support.google.com/a/answer/40057.
- Manually via Admin Console : Refer to https://support.google.com/a/answer/33310 to add users manually in Admin Console.
- Via Cloud Directory : Refer to https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/ to provision users via Cloud Directory.
How do I setup SAML SSO in Cloud Identity or G Suite?
- In order to setup SAML SSO in Cloud Identity or G Suite, please follow the instructions here to setup pre-integrated SAML app in G Suite and select the application you want to setup and follow the steps mentioned in the article.
- In order to setup your own custom SAML app in G Suite, refer to https://support.google.com/a/answer/6087519 for more info.
What credentials can the admin export from Bitium?
What credentials can non-admin users export from Bitium?
- End users can export any credentials that they personally entered into their dashboard i.e they didn’t shared with the org admin for an app. Credentials shared to the user by an admin will not be exported, even if the user has permission to view the credential.
What is the format of the credentials export? What can I do with the exported credentials?
- Credential export will include the installation name, identifier, app name, login and password. Bitium will be adding tools for organizations to migrate their credentials directly into Google Cloud Identity when the Password Vault feature is launched.
If I use Active Directory, how do I set that up in Cloud Identity or in G Suite?
- If you are using Active Directory as your primary authentication and you want to setup G Suite as (Google) as IdP, follow the steps here to set up GCDS (Google Cloud Directory Service), the tool to synchronize your data inside your Cloud Identity or G Suite domain with your Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP server.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.