Configuring SAML for Tableau
REQUIRED ACCOUNT/PERMISSION LEVEL
Bitium: All account levels; must be an admin to set up
Tableau: Must be an admin to set up
Go to “Manage Apps.”
Select “Tableau” from the list of installed apps.
Select the “Single Sign-On” tab.
From the dropdown, select “SAML Authentication.”
Leave your Bitium window open and continue in a new tab.
- Log into Tableau.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click “Authentication.”
- Check the box labeled “Single sign-on with SAML”
In Bitium & Tableau
- At step 1 in Tableau, copy the “Tableau Online Entity ID” and paste that into the “Entity” ID field in Bitium.
- Copy the “Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS)”” from Tableau and paste that into the “SAML URL” field in Bitium.
- In Bitium, download the Metadata XML.
- In Tableau, import the Metadata XML (this will correspond with section 4 in Tableau) and click “Apply.”
- In Tableau, under section 5, make sure the Email field reads “email”, the First name field reads “firstName”, and the Last name field is set to “lastName.”
- In Tableau, under section 6, choose the users you would like to enable with SAML authentication. If you choose View Users (to enable SAML for users already in your Tableau system), select the users you would like, and then use the Actions dropdown menu. Navigate to Authentication. Click the “Single Sign-On” button. If you add users to your system, just be sure the “Add users for single sign-on (SSO) authentication” radio button is selected as you add them.
- In Tableau click “Apply.”
- In Bitium, go back to the Single Sign-On tab for Tableau and click the “Save Changes” button.
SAML Enabled will be illuminated in green once completed.