Configuring SAML for Sumo Logic
REQUIRED ACCOUNT/PERMISSION LEVEL
Bitium: All account levels; must be an admin to set up
Sumo Logic: Must have Enterprise account; must be an admin to set up
Go to “Manage Apps.”
Select “Sumo Logic” from the list of installed apps.
Select the “Single Sign-On” tab.
From the dropdown, select “SAML Authentication.”
Leave your Bitium window open and continue in a new tab.
In Sumo Logic:
Log into Sumo Logic.
Go to Manage > Security.
Click on the SAML button in the upper right hand corner.
In the Configuration Name field, name this SAML set up.
Copy the Entity ID from Bitium. Paste it into the Issuer field in SumoLogic.
Copy the Login URL from Bitium. Paste it into the Authn Request URL field in SumoLogic.
Copy the X.509 Certificate from Bitium. Paste it into the X.509 Certificate field in SumoLogic.
Leave Email Attribute set to SAML Subject in SumoLogic.
Optional: If you would like to enable JIT Auto Provisioning (and create new users in SumoLogic when they authenticate for the first time into SumoLogic via Bitium), do the following:
- Check the On Demand provisioning (Optional) box in SumoLogic.
- In the “First Name Attribute” field, type “FirstName” (without quotes). This is case sensitive.
- In the “Last Name Attribute” field, type “LastName”.
- In the “On Demand Provisioning Roles” field, type the role you would like these new users to be created with (Analyst or Administrator.) If you would like them to have multiple roles, you can type all the roles you would like new users to be assigned, separated by a comma.
Optional: If you would like to be redirected back to Bitium upon signing out of SumoLogic:
- Check the “Logout Page” box in SumoLogic.
- In Bitium, copy the Logout URL. Paste this into the “Logout Page” field in SumoLogic.
If you require support for the Roles Attribute option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, you can see SumoLogic’s guide here -https://service.sumologic.com/help/Default.htm#setting_up_SAML.htm
In Bitium, go back to the Single Sign-On tab for Sumo Logic and click the “Save Changes” button.
SAML Enabled will be illuminated in green once completed.