Configuring SAML for OpenDNS
REQUIRED ACCOUNT/PERMISSION LEVEL
Bitium: All account levels; must be an admin to set up
OpenDNS: Must be an admin to set up
Go to “Manage Apps.”
Select “OpenDNS” from the list of installed apps.
Select the “Single Sign-On” tab.
From the dropdown, select “SAML Authentication.”
Leave your Bitium window open and continue in a new tab.
- Login to OpenDNS as an admin and navigate to System Settings > Login Security.
- Choose “Other” as a SAML provider, click “Next,” and then click “Next” again.
In Bitium & OpenDNS:
- In OpenDNS, you will be asked to “Upload Metadata.” To complete this step, download the Metadata XML file from Bitium.
- Upload your downloaded XML file into OpenDNS. Alternatively, you can copy the fields from Bitium and paste them in the corresponding fields in OpenDNS. When finished, click “Next”.
- Click “Save Changes” in Bitium.
- If you have not done so already, assign yourself as a user of OpenDNS in Bitium.
- In OpenDNS, after assigning yourself, click “Test your SAML configuration.”
- If your SAML test works, save the configuration in OpenDNS. If it does not, please confirm that the steps above were followed correctly, and contact email@example.com if we can help in any way.
OpenDNS does not support JIT provisioning. In order to authenticate via SAML, the user must already exist in OpenDNS with the same email address as the one associated with their Bitium account.
SAML Enabled will be illuminated in green once completed.