Configuring SAML for Intacct
REQUIRED ACCOUNT/PERMISSION LEVEL
Bitium: All account levels; must be an admin to set up
Intacct: All account levels
Go to “Manage Apps.”
Select “Intacct” from the list of installed apps.
Select the “Single Sign-On” tab.
From the dropdown, select “SAML Authentication.”
Leave your Bitium window open and continue in a new tab.
- Enable SSO for your Intacct company using the Company Information screen.
- Go to the Company Information screen (Company > Company Info) and select the Security tab. Scroll down to the Single Sign On (SSO) section of the Security tab and enter the information provided by your SSO identity provider. This establishes a connection between Intacct and your SSO identity provider.
- In the SSO Certificate field, paste your X.509 security certificate.Tip: If your certificate has an expiration date, remember to return to Intacct to update the security certificate.
- Set up any Intacct users who will be logging in using SSO.
- You can set up individual Intacct users for SSO by editing their user record (Company > Users > Edit). In the Federated SSO user id field, enter the ID that your identity provider uses to uniquely identify that user.
- Any users who aren’t set up for SSO can continue to log into Intacct using the basic login screen. However, once a user has been set up for SSO, they will be required to use the SSO login.
If you need additional help with SAML configuration in Intacct, you may consult their internal support article - https://developer.intacct.com/wiki/setting-single-sign-sso#SAML_CONNECTION_REQUIREMENTS
Go back to the Single Sign-On tab for Intacct and click the “Save Changes” button.
SAML Enabled will be illuminated in green once completed.