Configuring SAML for HappyFox
REQUIRED ACCOUNT/PERMISSION LEVEL
Bitium: All account levels; must be an admin to set up
HappyFox: Must be an admin to set up
Go to “Manage Apps.”
Select “HappyFox” from the list of installed apps.
Select the “Single Sign-On” tab.
From the dropdown, select “SAML Authentication.”
Leave your Bitium window open and continue in a new tab.
- While logged into HappyFox as an admin, navigate to Manage > Integrations. Under “External,” find “SAML Integration” and click “Configure.”
- Under “SAML Configuration,” set the “Choose SSO Provider” drop down to “Custom SAML Provider.”
- In Bitium, copy the Login URL. Paste into the “SSO Target URL” field in HappyFox.
- In Bitium, copy the X.509 Certificate. Paste into the “IdP Signature” field in HappyFox.
- Set the “Authenticate helpdesk staff using SAML” dropdown to “Yes.”
- Set the “Authenticate end users using SAML” drop down to “No” since your end users will not be members of your Bitium organization. If this is not your use-case, please contact us to consult on the appropriate setup.
- Under “Basic SAML Settings” in HappyFox, make sure the dropdown “SAML Integration active” is set to “Yes.”
- Save Settings in HappyFox and click “Save Changes” in Bitium.
This app does support JIT provisioning. You’ll be able to assign users the app in Bitium, and new user accounts will be created when they authenticate in via SAML. However, before they can fully access their account, an admin in HappyFox will have to manage them under HappyFox Manage Users, and assign them the appropriate permissions. After these are no longer ‘pending SSO accounts’ the users will have full and regular access.
SAML Enabled will be illuminated in green once completed.