Adding and Removing Admins
Disclaimer: Removing an admin from the system can have serious implications if you do not have Policies in place for shared applications. Please review the Policies support article for more information.
Adding or Revoking Org Admin Rights
If you are a Bitium org admin, you have the ability to add or remove other org admins.
Org admins have access to ALL Bitium admin functionality and should only be limited to a trusted group who will be handling the administrative duties within Bitium.
To add (or remove) an org admin:
- Go to “Manage [Org]” and select the “Manage Users” menu item.
- On the Manage Users screen, click the name of the user for whom you wish to modify roles.
- On the user’s settings screen, click the “Make Admin” button to grant admin privileges. If the user is already an admin, you may click “Disable Admin” to remove their privileges.
- Click “OK” on the ensuing dialog to confirm the role change.
Adding or Revoking Group Admin Rights
Group admins have a limited set of admin functionality that is directly related to whichever group(s) they are admin of. In other words, making a user a group admin will give them the ability to manage users and apps only within their specific group (as opposed to the org-wide settings that are managed by a company admin).
To make a user a group admin, use the following steps:
- Select “Manage Groups” from your admin menu.
- On the “Groups Overview” page, choose the group of which you’d like to make a user the admin.
- If the user you want to make admin of the group is already a member of the group, simply find their name on the list of group members and click “make admin” on the right hand side. If they aren’t in the group already, click “Add Users,” add them to the group, and then select “make admin.”